LA in Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Spiez
    Participant

Hi,
    I will be relocating to Australia in September as my husband is going to study there for two years. I’m a mid-level Landscape Architect  (5 years experience). How bad is the crisis in Australia now? I know well how it is in Europe and I’ve just read interesting discussion about US, but was Astralia affected as well?
    As I still have half a year to get ready maybe you could give me some suggestions of what sort of skills/knowledge is mostly looked for, what computer programmes I should know to strenghten my chanses of getting employment in landscape architecture office there.
    Thanks for our help,
    Joanna

Sousuke
    Participant

Not sure about the LA field, but the recession as a whole barely touched Australia. What city are you going to?

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Depends on the city. Sydney is slower than say Melbourne, which seems to be going okay. there is a lot of Vectorworks and microstation usage here. Go to the AILA page (http://www.aila.org.au) look at the firm list of where you are going and contact some firms that you are interested in now. You never know what will happen, i too was here for 2 years and yet it is now at five with no real plans of leaving.

Joanna Spiez
    Participant

Thanx for that. I’m going to Melbourne. Your replies seem optimistic, so I’m glad to hear it..

witam Joanno,

Przez przypadek znalazlem ten watek i postanowilem podpytac jak tam ida poszukiwania pracy w Krainie Kangurow… Ja rowniez poszukuje pracy w Australii, no i poki co nic… Jestem tutaj od roku, jednak dopiero od kilku miesiecy rozsylam swoje CV ki. Zauwazylem jednak, ze jest co najmniej jest bardzo ciezko. Czy ty aplikujesz juz z Polski czy idziesz na zywiol? A moze masz juz cos??

pozdrawiam,
    Bartek

Joanna Spiez
    Participant

Cześć Bartek, nie aplikuję z Polski, bo wolę mieć lokalny nr tel, przynajmniej taka jest moja strategia..trochę mnie zmartwiłeś tym, że nie możesz znaleźć pracy, ja liczę, że nie będzie tak źle, mam 4 lata dośw z Irlandii z biur proj i rok w Polsce – własna firma. no nic, jadę za miesiąć, zobaczymy. Napisz mi proszę jakie masz doświadczenie i w jakim mieście jesteś. Pozd, Aśka

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register