Land F/X vs. AutoCad

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Candace Mastel
    Participant

Our university Grounds department is wondering if it would be advantageous to use Land F/X to create simple landscape plans that are integrated with their RainCad irrigation design software and our AutoCad civil plans and campus base maps. If you are using Land F/X what are the pros and cons? Strengths and weaknesses with AutoCad and other software interfaces? Any general feedback is welcome.

Tyson Carroll
    Participant

Candace,

I cannot speak for RainCad so I am not familiar with its application. In searching online it appears to offer basic irrigation design items and elements. We have both AutoCad and Land FX with the Irrigation FX as well. Both operate well together or Land FX on its own. I think the total Land FX subscription is going to offer you a much superior product than what you are currently getting. It takes a little while to get up to speed (as does any software) but once you are acclimated you can start to tear through your construction or schematic plans. Their webinars are a great tool as is their online forum and the tech support is very good. The cost can seem steep up front but once your on subscription it is very affordable.  If you do enough design work I would tell you that if you are not using land fx your wasting your money.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register