LArch Study Abroad in UK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Hello
    I am still a sophomore and have a lot of years to go in order to finish my course. I’ve been talking to my advisers about abroad studies, but the most typical locations seemed to be Rome, NZ, and Australia. But I always had an interest to study in the UK. I was wandering if anyone had specific comments or recommendations. That would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for all your help!

Nick Mitchell
    Participant

I am going there for 4 weeks to study the landscape for a class, but if you plan on going there to study at a school, look into Leeds Metropolitan University, its a good LA school in the UK i know a couple of people planning on going there, and who have went. http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/as/ald/index.htm

Samuel
    Participant

Nick – I think my school has connections with Leeds University, but I guess I’m not sure if Leeds University and Leeds Metropolitan U is directly connected. Thanks for the recommendation
    Megan – Hey! Yeah, as far as I know we are required to do abroad study in order to graduation. I talked to my counselor briefly, and from what she said, it was possible for me to go study abroad twice and even as long as a year long program. Summer programs sound great, but I wouldn’t mind getting an internship during the summer. Although I am not sure about the possibilities of doing so. Clarifying with the above, our school has direct contact in which allows no problem transferring credits while attending these schools doing abroad study. But if I wanted to, I could contact some other schools in which the school could maybe figure things out for me. I guess I was more on exploring the possibilities.
    Thanks all for your help 🙂

Wouldn’t mind more recommendations.

Edward Harbottle
    Participant

The University Of Gloucestershire accepts foreign students. Ive recently graduated from there it was cool.. Brodie one of the senior lecturers practiced in the US i seem to remember contact either him or dave booth bmcallister@glos.ac.uk dbooth@glos.ac.uk

http://www.glos.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/laa/Pages/entry2010.aspx

Samuel
    Participant

Heya, I actually looked into U of Gloucestershire. I used to live in Cheltenham for 5 years so it was interesting to look at the school in a different perspective. It was interesting when I looked into it, since there seemed to be more than one campus of U of Gloucestershire than Gloucestershire. Well thanks for the help though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register