LARE test: Who takes it and who decides not to?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LARE test: Who takes it and who decides not to?

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I look at it this way. It takes a lot of “stupid pet tricks” to get that license. Going through that process to its completion is a journey that has you doing some things that you might never do without being forced to in order to get that license … that includes the degree, the tedious years of internship (even exploitation), and finally the exam. That amount of experience and dedication builds your capabilities, confidence, resilience, and a better understanding of the business which is exactly what the process is designed to do. That is what makes you a professional …. not the stamp. You become “battle tested”.

People know when they are talking to a professional whether they know anything about an LA license or not. That is the real benefit of licensure in my opinion. 

Having gone through the process recently I agree. I have learned, or remembered, many things throughout the process that has made me better at my job. More than just a stamp for sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register