Light Weight Soil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Veenu Jayaram
    Participant

Has anyone got any good recommendations for light weight soil manufacturers locally in the west coast or any familiar names that you would have used in a previous project. This would be for an on structure and off structure application.

Thanks in advance,

veenu

Veenu Jayaram
    Participant

Thanks Henry,

will do that.

It depends on where on the west coast, but if you are in So Cal, in the LA Inland Empire area there is OF Wolfenberger in Chino.

Their website is: http://www.ofwolfinbargerinc.com/

I used their nutrient mix with shavings for my podium designs. it is like 800 lbs per cubic yard instead of 2500 lbs for fill dirt.

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

extruded shale, eh? 😉

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant
    Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Yeah, I thought you were kidding when you said “extruded shale”. Then I poked around on the internets and that stuff popped up. My mom actually has some in the garage that she uses for drainage in her flower pots. It’s nice and round but is too light for sling-shot ammo. I tried using it to chase squirrels off the bird feeder but it just goes all over the place…

Seeing it used as a hydroponic planting medium made me wonder if we could design green-roofs as an ebb & flow system. Super light planting medium, nutrients in the irrigation, and use the roof as a catch basin to recycle the nutrient solution for the ebb & flow cycle… hhhmmm….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register