Looking for AutoCAD Tutor in Bay Area

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Looking for AutoCAD Tutor in Bay Area

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Arran Jacobson
    Participant

I am looking for someone to help me work through coursework assignments and hopefully help me improve my proficiency with AutoCAD.  From now through December, once a week.  I have available slots during the day as well as in the evenings/weekends so we can work out what is best for you.  I need someone who is reliable as I will be working on deadlines.  I would prefer someone to come to my house in Orinda, CA, but I could come to you as well. 

Hello Arran;

Although, I can’t help you improve your autoCAD skills (I have always and still only drawn/design “by hand”.

However, I would strongly recommend whoever you get to tutor you with autoCAD…..be sure they are VERY proficient at it.  I have personally seen graduate Landscape Architects with 5, 10 even 15 years of professional experience…..whose autoCAD skill are very weak.

autoCAD drawings MUST be clear and easy to read……they must do a great job of “communicating” the design/s.  Line weights are important.  I’ve seen way too many autoCAD drawings with only 1 or 2 line weights….so, those drawings were very difficult to read and understand.  Most autoCAD drawings should have several “line weights”.

Over the years, with my “hand drawn” plans (prelim. & Final Construction Drawings….I have always found that by using 5 to 7 different line weights….my drawings were easy for my clients AND the various contractors on the job sites to read and understand.  

Just a thought.  You “might” suggest an “hourly rate” you’re willing to pay to get an “autoCAD tutor”.  You would most likely get more response to your request.  Definitely a GOOD investment in your future.  I would recommend looking at every potential autoCAD tutors’ Portfolio…..look at their autoCAD samples.

P.S…..Don’t forget the importance of “hand drawing….sketches” too.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register