Massachusetts proposed changes to LA registration

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE Massachusetts proposed changes to LA registration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Two options:

http://www.malegislature.gov/Bills/187/House/H02027

http://www.malegislature.gov/Bills/187/House/H03266

It appears that one does essentially nothing and the other does nothing but require education credit$.

Am I wrong?

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

Are they going from a title act to a practice act? Hard to understand what is changing?

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

It is a Title Act now, but it looks to me like it will essentially remain a Title Act, although APLD and contractors seemed to be freaked out by it as if it does more. I can’t see that it limits anyone from doing anything or broadens what LAs can already do. It seems like both proposals are more about using politically correct gender neutral language and one is looking to require education credits.

I’m not sure if there is something more to either of these proposed bills that I’m missing.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

It looks like a weaker law than the current”

“the applicant has completed the course of study and been graduated from a college or school of landscape architecture approved by the board and the applicant has had 2 years of practical experience in landscape architectural work of a grade and character satisfactory to the board.”

It currently requires a degree from an accredited program and internship under the direct supervision of a licensed LA.

I’m guessing they will spin it by calling it a “Practice Act” and they will all pat themselves on the back and ASLA will proudly yell from the highest hills that they succeeded by getting one more state to adopt a Practice Act.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register