Pathway to Chartership

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zoe chandler
    Participant

Hello,

I was about to start on my P2C last december, unfortunatly I got made redundant from the company I was going to be doing it with and my mentor also got made redundant, so couldnt start on the pathway unfortunatly. I have now got another job in a different part of the country working as a Landscape Architect, but im only designing playareas, which are mostly quite basic designs, and theres not much opportunity to increase my knowleigh of Landscape Architecutre, But i really want to get on with my chartership! I cant do it throught the company becouse I am the only Landscape Architect, so wouldnt have a mentor.

Does anyone know if it is possible to start on your pathway outside work and try and find a mentor from anyother company? im not really sure how to go about this… I might just have to wait till i move onto another job and start then, I really like my job, so would like to stay for a bit of time, but if I cant do my chatership outside work, then I think I would have to move becouse my chartership is quite important to me!

If you understand the content of this discussion then it would be great to get peoples feed back and knowleigh on the matter!

Thanks 🙂

Zoe

YuYang
    Participant

I’m on my P2C at the moment. I think you can do it outside of the work. It’s not compulsory to have the mentor from the same office. I know someone whose mentor is from a different company. So, I think you should find yourself a mentor first, and then join a study group. Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register