Product Research

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dean Hill, ASLA
    Participant

Other than the product pages of LAM, where do landscape architects research products and download CAD details, BIM models and specifications?  I have used SWEETS and CADdetails in the past, but was wondering if there are any landscape specific product listings that I have missed?

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Get a FREE subscription to LASN (Landscape Architecture and Specifier News) at http://www.landscapeonline.com.

It is an advertiser supported magazaine more focused on the day-to-day practice of LA. They have excellent features of everyday projects (not just the famous and flashy (and lately foreign) ones LAM focuses on) and they keep on top of codes and technology. The great thing about ad supported is that there is, of course, lots of advertising and new product announcements. One of their self-proclaimed highlights are the number of new product announcements every month. Every spring, they publish a product guide which takes a place of honor on my desk, filled with small post-it notes flagging products to look into. From there, you can go to the manufacturers websites for CAD/BIM and for specs.

There is also a product section on http://www.landscapeonline.com which is helpful, but a bit disorganized, and the manufacturers don’t always have links, just names.  

Zach Watson
    Participant

Thanks Jason that is very helpful and something that I didn’t know about.  Honestly, I think you have just made my day!!

mark foster
    Participant

I have found trade organizations to be really helpful– especially the ones specific to a particular material. Masonry and concrete (NCMA.org),  and brick (BIA.org) are two that come to mind, but there are many more out there.  

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register