rendering/design visualization competition

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION rendering/design visualization competition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael Van Beek
    Participant

hello everyone, myself and the 3ds max group are looking to start an annual design visualization competition. I would like to see this become a welcoming and exciting event that takes place every year showcasing the best the profession has to offer in areas of: photorealistic perspective, animation, hand rendering, and OTHER. Please comment if you are interested in something of this nature. I think it would be great to have some fun prizes and recognition for the winners…

-michael

Eli Paddle
    Participant

sounds like a great idea…I would love to have my students enter.

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

does this include plan view images?

Michael Van Beek
    Participant

well, i was hoping to get the word out with this discussion. Wouldnt it be cool to display the competition on the main page and have everyone that comes to the site able to cast their vote?… maybe have real-time updates an whatnot… this could be fun/exciting/awesome.

Jeff Simutis
    Participant

Michael –

I’d be very interested, and think it’s a great way to expose people to the diversity of styles and ways to use your/other 3D software.  Have you posted this with ASAI or NYSR yet? 

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Are we talking about a standard model that people download and render or submission of any work?

mae fredrick
    Participant

i think its a fabulous idea, i’d be very interested. if its about the use of different softwares for visualization, it would be exemplary to those who have problems in choosing the best to use in the profession.

Michael Van Beek
    Participant

“Have you posted this with ASAI or NYSR yet?”  no i have not, if there is anything i/we could do to get the word out please let me know… and rfox i was thinking it would be something where a contestant would submit any work they think meets the criteria of “digital representation of a landscape installation”

Scott Baumberger
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea, count me in!

Frank Varro
    Participant

You know from the discussion on the 3DS board that I am in!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register