Residential Market in Your Area?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Design/Builders, Designers, and LA’s-

How is the residential design/build market in your area? Showing signs of life?

Could someone point me in a good direction for finding market statistics online or otherwise for residential construction?

Thanks!

Brian Hochstein
    Participant

I’m in KC. Doesn’t exist except in the high end market and some independent living. Single family is pretty much dead. Not much is moving with credit markets locked up and no real demand. As far as residential construction there are a few e-mail newsletters out there. If I can find some of them that I have gotten in the past I will post them.

nca
    Participant

Thanks Brian and Nick.

You could make a great project out of this, mapping new construction and analyzing where and it what types of markets its happening and how.

Chad Crutcher
    Participant

Nick,
    The market sucks in Reno-Tahoe with activity for residential landscapes mostly at the high end. Those firms/contractors that were focused in housing are dry. Our firm has its hands in a wide variety of areas, hence my staff and I have survived so far.

Here’s an idea about where you might find some data and market insight: look for local real estate blogs in your market. I found one in Reno with content by local pros and lay people. Some of the threads are pretty revealing and full of ancillary/corollary info that can help fill in the details.

Chad
    Do well doing good.

nca
    Participant

Thanks Chad..

Tim Brown
    Participant

Nick,
    The U.S. Census bureau has comprehensive info regarding new building starts, what sector they are in, dollar amounts etc.
    Check out this link…. http://www.census.gov/starts

Brian Hochstein
    Participant

OK, so I found one of my online digital reads. Look for “Housing Giants” a publication of Reed Business Information. It seems to come out a couple times a month. This months main piece is on “Home Prices Improve in 17 of 20 Metros”. There is a lot of information but you are going to have to pick through it. Here is the subscription link:
    http://reg.housingzone.com/newsletter/subscribe?nid=4760

nca
    Participant

Alright…Thanks all..Excellent info and advice as always..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register