Salary Question

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know anything about you ykonwanderer, but will say this, if as a person you’re anything like the vibes you give off, I would go to battle with you anytime. You’re like a landscape design warrior, just taking on all attackers.

But remember my battle hardened friend that you are trying to remain anonymous. The profession in the US is small; I can only imagine that it’s even smaller in Canada.  You must remain vigilant.

ykonwanderer
    Participant

nrschmid: Well call me old fashioned, but I don’t send documents that can identify me over the internet for thousands of people to see, and I certainly don’t send them “privately” to a complete stranger who has really not done anything at all to gain my trust or goodwill.

I don’t understand what is so hard about taking what I have said at face value and helping someone out, without me having to send to you “proof”.  

This “proof” has no bearing on the situation anyway, because it is all relative to who I am  competing against.  I’m certainly not competing against you, and you certainly have no idea what skills my peers have either.  

Finally, if you feel that portfolio pieces are so public, then why don’t we switch this around and you can show me what you can do in GIS, and then I can gauge how your skills compare to mine?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Combat Hydrangea  Hydrangea killaforsis

ykonwanderer
    Participant

I never once said, anywhere, that I think I should get low 50’s.  I asked – once – if 50k was too much to hope for.  

I have repeatedly said that I am hoping for mid to low 40’s, which is well within the entry level range I found on those websites.  Keep in mind pay depends much more on where you find the work rather than where you go to school, since Guelph is the *only* English BLA program offered in the country.

People have just not been reading properly and have been making assumptions.

ykonwanderer
    Participant

haha, well I will say that my online persona is substantially more warrior-like than my real-life persona.  But we can head into cyber-battle together anytime!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

“I am wondering if I start at something like 50,000 is realistic”

… I guess it is the bottom of the low 50’s, but it is the lowest of the low 50’s if we want to be technical.

ykonwanderer
    Participant

Lol – yes, if we want to cling to the paltriest of semantics while at the same time disregarding my acknowledgement in the above post…

nca
    Participant

After reading through the last three or four pages I can only come to ONE conclusion:

I need a raise.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah yes, Russell ladies and gentlemen!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry man, but I was hoping you were going to go on one of those hilarious runs. Oh well.

DC
    Participant

First of all, Nicole Foss is a trained biologist, not a trained economist.  

Second of all, the bank publication is using statistics with sources to back up its information, whereas Nicole Foss did not give any information to back up her statements.  

Finally, she did not say peak oil is “kookiness”, she said Nicole Foss is kooky – as are a lot of people in the whole peak oil transition town movement.

(Not saying I think all people involved are kooky – I was briefly involved in this stuff, and know a lot of cool people).  But I think  thats what yukon was getting at here.

Mandy
    Participant

ditto

nca
    Participant

I caught that too.

ykonwanderer
    Participant

Well somewhere on here I told people to come up here to take a job if they think the situation sounds so sweet.  It was sarcasm obviously, but should still be in here somewhere…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register