Slope stabilization

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

Looking for input for temporary slope stabalization solutions. I want to establish grasses along this one slope (a little steeper than 2 to 1), but until they get rooted, I think I will need some kind of fabric or netting or something to help hold the plants and the soil in place. My hope would be that eventually this thing goes away though, preferably by decomposing. The slope is not very tall, maybe only 5′ max. Any suggestions?

Mark Sanford
    Participant

http://www.erosioncontrolblanket.com/products.aspx?List=0&CategoryID=4&Level=a , the jux matting will decompose naturally, what zone are you in? love grass works great and can be hydroseeded

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

Thanks Mark. Do you have experience using this product? If so, about how long did it take for it to decompose? Do you think it would be possible to mulch overtop of it (for aesthetic reasons)? I am in zone 6b.

Frank Varro
    Participant

In working on reclaimation projects in my undergrad, I know Coconut fiber matting is a popular choice, as it will hold the soil, let grasses etc grow through it, and break down and fertilize the soil in the long run.

Lawrence Greene
    Participant

As part of your hydro seeding, I would recommend a bonded fiber matrix- See the Profile Products website-either of their Flexterra products should work

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

with all of these…is it practical to plant plugs vs. hydro seeding? I am interested in planting swathes of different grasses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register