U.S. Road Trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

A few friends and I are moving from Pittsburgh to Phoenix, and we’re going to take a few days to enjoy it. I think we’re taking a southern route starting down through West Virginia to Nashville and then heading further southwest. Does anyone know any good places to stop along the way? Important landscapes, great views, fun places, etc…..

Clayton Munson
    Participant

Biltmore estates in Ashville, NC. It was built by the Vanderbilts and I think is one of the few remaining true estates left in the US. Here is the link Easily spend a morning if not more there. BTW its’ also an Olmsted design.

Clingmans Dome isn’t far from there. Has great views (on a clear day) of the smokey mnts. Four states are visible.

If your coming across through southern IL, Garden of the Gods is another possible spot to take an hour or two break.

Lee Attinger
    Participant

I know a really bad strip club in nashville.

David Lorberbaum
    Participant

If you come through Birmingham we have a ton of great BBQ. Our big parks are still being developed, but Red Mountain Park, once it is completed, will be over 1,100 Acres and is only about a 5 minute drive from the center of the city. Also, try and stop by New Orleans. Tons of great places to see there. I have been several times but have yet to visit the garden district. That would be my suggestions since I have not been to Texas or any states further west besides California.

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

Ya, we were thinking about going thru Birmingham. The BBQ alone is a draw for me, haha. We would like to go down thru New Orleans, but it is a bit out of the way. Maybe we’ll try it tho. Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register