Vectorworks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon M. Davis
    Participant

I have recently been looking at Vectorworks as a replacement for my Autocad/Landcad systems. I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with the program?

Travis Harrison
    Participant

VW is our standard ‘cad’ software at PWL Partnership.  We have seen great success with it and the LandMark suite.  I came from an AutoCAD background and, yes, there was a learning curve.  Be careful when attempting to ‘snap’ lines together!  Sometimes you have to really ‘scroll’ in to make sure things are connected! Good luck! Vector WORKS! ^_^

Robert Anderson
    Participant

Jon,

During the last 18 years of using auto cad and even micro station I finally changed over to Vectorworks in 2010. The change in process from AutoCAD is a bit of a challenge and the way in which you manage other consultants backgrounds is very different but…

The productivity and quality and speed of creating planting plans and even doing site modeling is far superior to AutoCAD that I will never go back. I consult for another firm on VW Landmark and we have worked through this very process of collaborating with other consultants and I believe it has gone very smoothly.

Let me know if you need any other information on my services.

Robert Anderson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register