Web Design / Graphic Design

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Bianca
    Participant

thank you for the comment and this is a placeholder porfolio spot as i’m in the process of updating now.

Jonathan Smith, RLA
    Participant

Second that!  Sorry, Bianca.  Most LA’s show much more courtesy and tact.  Like Mom said, “If you don’t have something nice to say…keep your trap shut!”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally I did view it as spam, but I’m not going to knock anyone that’s trying to make a living right now.

The other thing is that, although I probably could produce my own web-site and graphic work, I would more than likely have some one that does it everyday guide me through the process. Even though I’m a design professional, I would definitely hire an architect and an interior designer for any personal projects. Design is not design. Besides I’d rather be designing a tangible site.

Also Bianca if you haven’t picked up on it yet. Some Landscape Architects are really sensitive about the “landscaping thing”. I’ll bet you had no idea you would be walking into such a buzz saw.

Oh well, at least when you run into an LA at a cocktail party you’ll know not to ask him/her about “doing your front yard”.

Boilerplater
    Participant

That looks great.  I really should’ve kept more of the projects I worked on.  Time to step up the game!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You stuff looks really good.

I understand that with the state of the industry and everything that sometimes we have to wear many hats. But my point is that I think my time would be better spent either trying to sell or doing landscape architectural work. I’m not a web page designer nor am I a graphic designer. I do landscapes and that’s more than enough for me.

If you are a person that can design everything, that’s cool too.

Tanya Olson
    Participant

Doesn’t look like you used Blurb, Nick, but for anyone who is interested in publishing a book of their own work for portfolio use or marketing its very affordable with good print and paper quality. I’ve published several ‘books’ and they have all turned out well. I put ‘books’ in parenthesis because they were really photography collections, not portfolios….

Chupacabra
    Participant

Oh, good lord.  Chill with the histrionics.  It was meant as a joke, albeit a snarky one.

Bianca
    Participant

😉 I must say it’s been pretty enlightening …..

Jay Ryan Courtney
    Participant
    Heather Smith
    Participant

Super cute website! I commend anyone for stepping out of the box and making new connections.Just because I know how to use InDesign doesn’t make me a graphic designer any more then a person that takes a plants class is a landscape architect. So not sure what the knickers in a bunch crowd is so worked up about. I appreciated what you had to say about marketing as my husband and I have found this to be one of the harder aspects of our design and shhh…landscaping business. 🙂

Heather Smith
    Participant

This is good news! I wish you a lot of luck and hope you land one of the jobs.

Sousuke
    Participant

I just wanted to say that your print design work looks really great!

DC
    Participant

I second the suggestion of carbonmade.  

Very nice, subtle colours and very simple layout to focus the attention on your work, looks sleek and professional (for the price you’re paying – zero!).

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register