What is the best modeling/rendering software for landscape design?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION What is the best modeling/rendering software for landscape design?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    beijingreenspace
    Participant

I’m curious what the general feeling is about this.

my experience leans towards out-sourcing.  Gives better results for the investment of time/energy.  Though admittedly we will actually go to a render company’s office for landscape (because no one can quite get the green stuff right) to tweak camera angles, add in photoshop landscape components and set the image ‘mood’. It’s still easier.

Just the investment in software pipelines, render farms and highly skilled man hours… don’t offices find it prohibitive?

Ok I realize I’m now in China but I’ll do anything not to see another landscape presentation using only SketchUp

m

Matt Hawker
    Participant

I have been slowly checking out Modo 501 and am thus far highly impressed with it as an alternative to 3dMax but without character animation and the addition of mudbox-like painting and sculpting facilities. Superbly intuitive interface that seems to have a number of similarities with Sketchup in the way modifiers such as scale, rotate and move affect vertices, edges and faces. I gather the rendering is also easy to use (haven’t got that far yet) and is supposed to be quick and high quality.

UfukBektasoğlu
    Participant

Hi,

http://architecturalrenderingoffice.com/blog/

I think this will helped you for 3d softwares different, article name is:
    12 Best Software in 3D Architectural Rendering

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register