What is your first impression of this bench?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums DETAILS & MATERIALS What is your first impression of this bench?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

It would be fun to set up a camera to watch how people interact with the bench.  Seems like a good study…

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Did you download the SU model from their site and edit it or create it on your own?

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

I drew mine from scratch. It’s all original.

Mark Sanford
    Participant

thats a bench?

nca
    Participant

escher-esque

designed for the undesirable potential (homeless sleeping, skateboarder-proof)

pipes?

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Yeah, I tend to judge urban landscapes based on how much fun they would be to skateboard. Not very much fun equals not enough grade changes (banks, hips, stairs, ramps, etc) or hardscape (rails, benches, ledges, curbs, etc). I grew up looking for “skate spots” everywhere I went. In retrospect, what I was really doing was analyzing the built environment. It was good subconscious design training.

Tanya Olson
    Participant

1. if you had a couple of blankets and pillows, it looks like the middle section would fit a torso just fine with the low railing conveniently located as a headrest and your knees up over the next railing down.

2. forms+surfaces just called and they want their paper clip art project back

3. is it weirdly out of scale or is that just me?

4. oh, that reminds me to make an appointment with my chiropractor

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

scrap metal from a fab shop that makes roll cages?

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Stainless roll cage!? Can you do that? I mean, isn’t stainless heavy and brittle? If you could, that would be rad and would probably look very cool with that mat/satin color for the body. 

Sweet for a truck, not so sweet for a bench…

Michael Roy
    Participant

Cold, contrived and uncomfortable

toni pogue
    Participant

Ow, why would I ever want to sit on that thing? My back hurts already!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register