Wytold says Hi Line depends on architecture around it

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Wytold says Hi Line depends on architecture around it

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Just a heads-up…

Urbanity is a term used to describe refined or polished conduct. It relates to the behavior of people and has nothing to do with the physical attributes of a city.

urbanity [ɜːˈbænɪtɪ]

n pl -ties

1. the quality of being urbane
    2. (usually plural) civilities or courtesies
    Trace One
    Participant

who you talking to, Thomas – who used ‘urbanity’, I don’t see it..That would be great if you are picking that out of Wytolds article – that would be a stupid mistake on his part, altho I have to admit, as long as I live I will  not know how to spell mistake, potato or olmsted..

hee hee.

‘Fred Astair was the epitome of the urbane gentleman. And he could care less about ‘urbanism’, it sounded like a burp to  him.”

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I intentionally used it in an improper manner. I like to mess with people using words and language, oft substituting ‘Queen’s English’ spellings and words that sound like they fit. Good pickup, Thomas!

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Jason – I believe they call that ebonics 😉

People in your audience may not “pick up” on your creative use of the English language and may draw conclusions as to your urbanity 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register