David Attenborough’s Private Life of Plants

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PLANTS & HORTICULTURE David Attenborough’s Private Life of Plants

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roland Beinert
    Participant

I always enjoy David Attenborough’s documentaries, and I’ve been hoping The Private Life of Plants would come out on DVD in the US for a long time. Now I’ve found this link: http://www.documentary-log.com/d263-the-private-life-of-plants/

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

Thanks Roland, those are awesome!

Trace One
    Participant

Never heard of this, although of course familiar with Attenborough..Thanks!!!

Les Ballard
    Participant

HI, there is a shop on the BBC TV website which commissioned and showed all the Attenborough series. I think some clips are availabl on utube but, as the BBC would sell their undies for sufficient inducement, I cannot imagine their not facilitating your purchase of Attenborough series direct. Google BBC TV and follow your nose from there. While there, Stephen Fry has been having a peregrination with a guy who visitied places 20 years ago with Douglas Adams. Whether you believe he could now accompany his ex partner or not, he is dead and so Fry has been filling in on visiting those sites again. They are all endangered and so are a lot of the species in them. There are poignant views of oil palms in New Guinea or wherever as well as aaah factor moments like the lemur in a matchbox in Madagascar. So, look for Last Chance to See too. Finally, Charlie Boorman, the blonde lad in the film The Emerald Forest, has been accompanying a Brit actor on motorbikes and more around the world in series like Longest Way Down. He has a certain boyish charm and disregard for his own safety that makes you want to slap him at times but he too is in a current series going from Aust to Japan. I know the names of Lae, Wewak, Madang and so on from years ago sending goods there from an office in London but it is again worth scanning the series for some unusual travelogue info. Search his name when in the BBC site and you will get loads of info. up re his series. There will also be forum sites for each programme and other things about each one apart from the shop and, I would suggest, you review those before buying anything. You can even see some TV programmes online. Oh and here in the UK we have a Springwatch and an Autumnwatch programme full of wildlife stuff and the new Autumnwatch, q.v., has started. Luv n Lite, Les Ballard

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Thanks, Les. I’ll take a look. I remember reading the book version of Last Chance to See when I was a kid, and was going through a Douglas Adams phase.

nca
    Participant

Roland,

I finally got around to checking this out. I’m spending some time this morning watching it online and so far have been pleasantly surprised. I thought it may be kind of a dry plant-person thing, but I’m finding the time lapse camera work astonishing. Thanks.

And I found it here:

http://www.movie-forumz.org/showthread.php?t=120677&highlight=plants

Roland Beinert
    Participant

The time-lapse photography is what I found fascinating, too. Attenborough’s documentaries usually have a very different way of looking at things than the average nature documentaries.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register