Dynascape vs. Landcadd

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Which is better for landscape Design? Dynascape or LandCadd?

Robert Haught
    Participant

have you tried land fx?

Jane………..Have you tried “Hand Drawings” or “Hand drawn Color Renderings”.  They still actually work in Landscape Architecture!  Bob

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Use of CAD and determining what is best is very user specific. First is whether or not you will be sharing files with others. Second is your and/or your staff’s previous training/experience with programs. Many things fall one way or another after that.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

I am assuming you are working on residential projects, correct?  I used Dynascape all through college and think it is amazing.  However, if you are planning to coordinate with Architects or design at a large scale, then I would recommend going with a standard like AutoCAD, then using the Land F/X add-on.  Vectorworks is another great option, especially for Mac-based studios.  

Ultimately, it comes down to your project needs and design process.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I do residential, but almost always start with a dwg file from a surveyor/engineer. I’m also sending my files to surveyors for staking in the field or inserting in their drawings for Certified Plot Plans of proposed work that requires a Surveyor’s stamp.

I use ACAD Lt with no add ons. I’ve been using ACAD for 19 years, so I have a lot of learning curve behind me, extensive collections of blocks, and a pretty good command of line weights where I don’t suffer too much from lack of add on programs.

Again, one person’s needs differ than another. One person’s experience differs from another’s. One person’s overhead differs from another’s. What is great for one is not so good for another.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Agreed. WHAT you work on makes all the difference in the world. Doing most residential or garden scale design work with AutoCAD and Vectorworks is like using a sledgehammer to drive a finish brad. Both can be used for that, but can be way overpowered and very expensive for the task.

Depending on how complicated your designs are and how detailed you plans need to be, it may be better to use software specific to that part of the industry. There are lots of software programs available specifically for the residential design segment that have more of a focus on putting together presentaion images to sell a job. You can even get pretty good software off the shelf in Best Buy nowandays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register