Need feedback on portfolio

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thanks for the really in depth feedback. It’s very helpful. Gave me a lot to think about.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thank you . I appreciate the suggestion.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thanks. The consistent fonts was a great suggestion.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Dave
    Participant

Very nice Akinyinka, it gives a good impression of who you are as a designer. I like the paintings.

You could beef up the constuction and technical side a little more. Also think about tailoring the emphasis towards the job you’re applying for. Always ask the question “what is it they need most”, is my best advice.

Akinyinka, much improvement over your original version.  However, I still think you need to work on the lineweight for the memorial design part, try using four to five line widths, e.g. (000, 00, 1, 2, and 3), and if the firm is only looking for a designer, cut back to only two pages of your art work and remove the word “art” from the cover and inside page.

Best of luck to you.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thank you very much for the advice.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thank you very much. I will need that luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m also a big fan of yours landplanner. I’m sure one day we’ll be able to sit down and have a cold frosty somewhere on this tiny planet.

Michelle Lu
    Participant

Gorgeous portfolio ! 

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep up the good work.  Can you tell me what types of software programs  you use for 2D rendering? 

mauiBob
    Participant

YES! Now that’s more like it. I’m still not sure about the lone man standing against the wall for the Memory Garden project. Photoshop him out. Anyway, it looks really good. Nice balance of work.

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Thanks! I’m already getting some replies from firms. Not being totally ignored as much:)

Akin Adekile
    Participant

Landscape planner, autocad and photoshop were used for the 2d renderings.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register