Start-up Company

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

From ASLA’s website:

Eligibility Requirements – Initial Licensure
    Requirements: To qualify for the written examination, applicants must have six years of training and educational experience in actual practice of landscape architecture. A degree from a school of landscape architecture approved by the board is deemed equivalent to four years of training and educational experience. [A degree in landscape architecture from a non-approved school is deemed equivalent to three years training and educational experience. An extension certificate in landscape architecture from an approved school is equivalent to two years training and educational experience. An associate degree in landscape architecture from a city/community college (with two-year curriculum) is deemed equivalent to one year of training and educational experience. All candidates must have had one year education credit and two years experience credit to take the exam. Candidates must also pass the California supplemental exam.]

The words “actual practice of landscape architecture” seem to negate the possibility of using contractor experience.

Boilerplater
    Participant

Some years ago I ran into a guy from the class one or two behind mine. He had started his own design/build deal right out of school and was continuing with it some 10+ years later. he was trying to get licensed and was petitioning the state board to allow him to sit for the exams with the argument that there were no jobs under licensed LAs when he graduated. I should look him up to see if he ever made any headway with that effort.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register