Are you working or not ?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Rob Molchan
    Participant

No and yes… out of work for a year and a half, but a few side landscape design jobs. Other than that, enjoying being Mr. Mom and spending time with my kids. Something I can say I would never be able to do, if I had a job! Its a blessing! We have had to cut out a lot of things, but we are close to our normal lives, at least as of yet, can’t say that in another six months though!!!!

Fremont
    Participant

Yes! Just got a job. Hours may be variable from 20-50 depending upon work load. But, it’s real design work and I’m psyched to get this ball rolling.

ceyrena
    Participant

Yes but not in a L.A. firm where I want to be employed. Is this a no? sorry for the editorialization

Terry J. Smith
    Participant

27 months out of work and still counting….jobless bennies exhausted some weeks ago. No real prospects in sight.

Brian Baughman
    Participant

Yes, but I only mow a few yards

David Farber
    Participant

Yes. I am a recent grad.

landplanner
    Participant

Please continue to state your employment status, outlook and general opinion about the state of the economy in your region of the country and the nation overall.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Still workingfull time, but there has definitely been a drop off in new work in the last month or two .

I’ve talked to several landscape contractors who are seeing very little ahead of them … more than one saying that all the work started before the crash is now drying up.

There is zero indication of anything picking up. I’m in an engineer’s office and I have not seen so little out in front of me as I am right now.

Cape Cod, Massachusetts

There is no shortage of vacationers, though. Traffic almost seems heavier this year than in the past.

Real Estate is not moving. Realtors are telling me that they get some offers and acceptances but then the buyer can’t sell their other home and the deals die.

landplanner
    Participant

Please continue to state your employment status, outlook and general opinion about the state of the economy in your region of the country and the nation overall.

landplanner
    Participant

landplanner
    Participant

landplanner
    Participant

landplanner
    Participant

Nate Hommel
    Participant

Update for me, My company is still at reduced hours (VERY reduced) but today I started an Adjunct Professor gig at Philadelphia University teaching Urban Design Studio! I could not have asked for a better gift! I hear that my company is about to pick back up maybe in September or October, finally some new jobs starting up and some dormant jobs seem to be coming back to life.

I have been pretty negative about the outlook here in the Delaware Valley, most firms are on reduced hours, lots of layoffs. My firm is down to 2 LA’s, but for the first time in 2 years it seems that we may start to rebound towards the end of 2010

landplanner
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register