Macs Vs PCs

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    mauiBob
    Participant

Really, Jared? Are that close-minded? Apple is only second to ExxonMobil in total market value. Walmart, GM, Ford…below Apple. Mac is Apple and apparently the company doesn’t innovate? Okay…you win. In addition to market share $$, Apple also leads the way in Most Admired Company for 2011 and have always been in top 5. That’s 4 straight years at number one! Be sure to also follow the links I provided in response to Anthony. I think I’ve wasted enough personal time with you PC folks! I’m laughing all the way to the bank.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/mostadmired/2011/index.html

http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Apple-has-91-of-market-fo…

Comprende amigo? Aloha!

mauiBob
    Participant

Andrew, I already pointed this out in a previous comment. Autocad for Macs is not complete and evolving. Give it time. Remember when Autocad was version 12 or 14 and Windows was 95? Its the first version, let them work out the kinks.

The funny part is I don’t even own a Mac right now. The one you saw at our studio in school was my first and only Mac computer. I defend Apple the company because they have provided my retirement income years quite nice. Too many Windows’ critics confuse the Mac as Apple’s single source product.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

They are great, but the thread is specifically about what is right for Leigha. Unless things at USC and her career path are not in sync with the majority of landscape architecture, she most likely will wind up buying a PC whether or not she starts by buying a MAC ….just like you had to do.

Anthony Parziale
    Participant

Real job?  If I’m understanding your profle correctly, you and I have the about the same years of experience of which I have been gainfully employed since graduation.  A little bit of research goes a long way….trying looking up my profile and the firm I work for before offering up an unqualified comment.  If you’re mentioning it because of amount of posts I had during what would be a ‘work’ day today, you could ask if I was in the office, or, as the case is, at home off for the day.  

I don’t think I disagreed or called out Apple as being any less then they are market-wise, nor did I ever confuse or inter-change Apple or Mac (if I did, then I did it mistakenly).  I am quite versed in and understand the differences.  But the truth still is that, that “secret attitude” Apple held onto for so long was almost their undoing in the past.  At the moment, it’s working, and let’s face it, they are more open now then back then, but that also doesn’t mean it will cement them as top dog in the future.  They’re marketing (both in advertising and with just their products in the market) is just amazing though!

In terms of my posts and you “passing judgement” I think you need to re-read some of your comments before judging anyones.  If you read, most of my points were that whichever way she chooses to go….Mac or PC it will work just fine and that it is truly her preference.  In fact you should find that I wasn’t downing Macs at all and even said I like them.  I mean I own two of them (I’m typing this on one of them now) so why would I hate them?  My disagreements stem more with the attitudes of numerous Mac users and the fact that some (not all) hold Macs up as so high and mighty when their really not that much better then a good quality PC. This is seen in many of the initial responses, all the Mac lovers did was jump all over and put down PC’s while the PC users offered up more helpful responses.   Some of my responses were in direct answer to some of these attitudes…as I’m sure you will read, and were not meant as mean spirited at all.  Not that PC people don’t get that holier then thou attitude too but it’s definitely not as loud and frequent as it is in the Mac community. 

I’m also not questioning your experience, as you did mine by saying I don’t have a ‘real job’ when you have had absolutely no interaction with me other then these few posts.  Though, I do think you need to understand my experience with both PC and Mac, though it is definitely much heavier on the PC side, I can’t deny that but the fact is, I own and use both platforms both in office and home use environments and with much more then just CAD or graphics work.  Not saying that’s all your experience is, just quantifying mine.  I would invite you to re-read my posts, you’ll find, I’m pretty fairly balanced between the two.

Besides, as I’ve said before, this argument is basically useless.  It all comes down to user preference and where that user is going to school, and as you added, where they think they may want to work.  Truth is what you can do on one, you can do on the other.

Anthony Parziale
    Participant

So is that the real and only reason you like Apple….because you have shares in their stock?  Who’s to say I or Jared don’t?  I actually do, have for some time now.  Your argument to me above was actually pretty pointless other then to say Apple is #1 and here’s a few links.  Or was it just to say that I don’t have a ‘real job’ and I’m just an idiot because I’m not an Apple diehard?  I don’t think anyone can argue that Apple is king market-wise nor can anyone really say they’re not innovative….they definitely are but again…that’s Apple…not just Mac.  Anything that can be done on a Mac, can be done on a PC and just as fast.

Aloha brah!

If we get passed this stupid arguement, I actually want to talk to you about Maui, as long as talking to a PC guy won’t make you want to run out to Jaws and drown yourself that is…lol.

Peace!

Tim Zhang
    Participant

Really? give it time? The point of this thread is to choose the next computer for Leigha, she’ll be graduated by the time Mac catches up. Isn’t Mac the one that’s one step behind in this case?

ALEX P
    Participant

HAHAHAHAHA Tim your funny.  Mac behind, gimme a break. Windows 7 is an pc version of mac os.  its funny to see how much copying windows does.  I recently went to mall of america, they put a pc store across from a mac store, however no one goes into windows store except to play xbox, while the mac store is full to the brim.

Greg Burwood
    Participant

Hi Anthony

sorry if you were waiting for a reply- the way these posts are updated seems pretty weird- its not quite linear enough of a trail for me- the responses seem to be quickly sucked up into little ‘mini-threads’ …or is it just me 🙂

hey, no compatibility issues whatsoever. Open Type fonts have sorted the old issues of font translation. Seriously I don’t mind what rings your bell- have noticed the inevitable slanging matches going on, mostly without substance. Claims and counter claims and price comparisons- the whole hog!

I think most of us were weaned on a pc (myself included), therefore hard to a.) change; b.) understand real value (including software that comes with a mac); c.) lost time/productivity (I spent hours a week fixing, scanning, re-installing, restoring info., freezes, etc- that in itself is worth many $ and some serious rage).

Again guys- whatever floats your boat- for me its a mac. 

ciao.

ALEX P
    Participant

THIS FORUM IS OUTA CONTROL.

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

Windows computers definitely blow Macs away for gaming, if you play them.  Not even close.

ALEX P
    Participant

thankfully i have a life.  Not a gamer.

ALEX P
    Participant

i think leah left this conversation days ago

Tim Zhang
    Participant

Explain to me how is Mac not behind PC in this case when many of the advanced functions don’t even work for Autocad.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Finally, the right end of the horse is talking in this thread – someone who actually knows directly rather than a fan of one or the other.

Anthony Parziale
    Participant

Hi Greg:

Thanks for the response!  I appreciate it. 

Yeah, unfortunitely this thread went from helping someone to a “mine’s better then yours” volleyball match pretty quick…myself very much one of those to blame.

I totally can understand and agree with your points.  Change can definitely be hard and as someone who has maintained a multi-office network, I know the frustrations, time and money sucking hours computers on both sides can give all too well…way too well…lol.  In any route…it’s all good…it’s all a learning experience.

Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register