To the Office of my Public Official: CLARB

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE To the Office of my Public Official: CLARB

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

?

temp impact
    Participant

That’s always the kind of answer you have. It’s like you intentionally trying to be difficult. Why do such a thing?

temp impact
    Participant

I guess no whitty comeback to the web page I posted…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I had a drawing I needed to finish up so I could send out an invoice. It was kind of like I was thinking out loud. That’s the reason for the “?”.

Well since you asked… considering I was once an LARE Candidate who had issues with CLARB in which I lost credits, and am now an RLA with a long relationship with CLARB; I found it rather strange that Kristen couldn’t seem to understand how any of this applies to me.

I guess my post about your class action suit caused her to be a bit miffed at me, so she politely suggested I could be more useful elsewhere. But that’s cool-no blood, no foul. I like her style and she has every right to make such a suggestion. It’s just up to me to decide whether or not I want to take her up on it. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

You really are funny; you are actually equating signatures on a petition with people who would be willing to join you in a class action lawsuit? On top of that you think you’re the moderator who can command me to leave this thread for calling people nuts for joining you (the person who has shown his/her self to be a little troubled with today’s rants) in your imaginary lawsuit. Oh-oh and to top it off you’re looking for TLC from an entity that goes by the acronym CLARB. Stop it you’re killing me-LOL!   ;-D

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s an untruth Temp (please take note how nice that was). I am calling people nuts that would follow your lead in a class action lawsuit when they would still have to sit for the remainder of the exam. Oh did I mention that would be the exam in which the organization you would be suing administers.

“Specifically” my hat. 

temp impact
    Participant

Your right.

temp impact
    Participant

I was actually just pointing out that there a are many candidates frustrated at the situation. …that not everyone who disagrees with you is a ‘nut’.
    And the ‘?’… Yeah. I always right half assed non-responses that attempt to confuse the conversation because I took one second to look at and respond, but not even digest a comment that was said because I had to complete an invoice…
    Why don’t you finish what you are doing then respond with some substance? Instead of just responding with a ‘?’?
    The fact is… After you ranted your poor excuse for the non-response, you still didn’t ever respond to the young lady’s comment… So why don’t you be a good boy and respond to the nice young lady now… Or you could just keep coming back at me, which seems to be your preferred MO. This is not about you, me, or you and me bud. We can have a discussion on the side, then I’ll buy you a beer later, just email me, find it under my profile. Until them my friend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So are you extending an olive branch or do you want to go a few more rounds? If you want to continue to wrestle with me then I concede – you win. I’m not here to go tit for tat with anybody or to show how witty I am. I’m here to keep you and others from doing something foolish and letting CLARB keep your money as well as the possibility of you never passing the LARE because you’re focused on the wrong thing.

Shhhhsh, don’t tell anybody, but I’m actually terrified of that “nice” young lady. 😀

temp impact
    Participant

So your got my back then?

And why are you terrified of her?

Craig……….I have to AGREE with your assessment of this discussion.  I seriously doubt that any one person OR group can do anything to change the way CLARB conducts their business OR sets of the L.A.R.E. examinations.

With all of the respect I may offer to the person who originated this discussion…..ALL of the time spent on discussing, complaining, etc. about CLARB and the L.A.R.E….could have been time better spent STUDYING for the L.A.R.E. sections you have not yet passed.  FOCUS on preparing for the L.A.R.E…..complaining here on LAND8 isn’t getting you any closer to PASSING.

There are “boot camps” and some very well written books published about various sections of the L.A.R.E. exam.  It’s sort of like when we were all back in College…..you have to just go along with the University system…play by THEIR rules…get the passing grades………and earn your diploma….and move on towards getting your LA license.

So……………can we end this discussion already?  Time to hit the books and just go PASS the L.A.R.E.

Very Respectfully,

J. Robert (Bob) Wainner

Kate Kane
    Participant

Every other notification candidates receive from CLARB is through the USPS.

Not so – you get email notifications that the LARE scores are available, check the website (through CLARB portal via logging in) to access your score, transmit your record electronically to the state, etc.  They’re just falling in line with a lot of other institutions in avoiding paper mail.

temp impact
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more about the inability to resuscitate CLARB from their drunken power stupor. At this point no one person or group will be able to help CLARB function more efficiently, or be able to influence CLARB in any way. Especially when the majority of professionals participating seem to agree with the way CLARB does business. CLARB, ASLA, the Boards and the Magazine are not interested in the input of Landscape Architects on matters concerning the LARE.

By having this conversation we now understand that the general consensus is to let CLARB just do whatever they want, because they can, with no repercussions. And, people feel that attempting to communicate valid concerns to CLARB is a black hole of hopelessness. I’m glad we can agree.

Having the conversation has not interfered, nor will it stop the Landscape Architect who originated this conversation from getting his license in the near future.

The exam is not that difficult. “Boot camps” are an good option for some people, maybe even the paid CLARB ones. But I would recommend staying away from any CLARB sponsored “boot camps”. They are often overpriced, and geared towards minimizing passing rates. Many alternatives are available that work just as well, such as the books mentioned or study groups. As Jim Penrod and the CLARB Facebook site says, “CLARB is not in the business of educating candidates.”

I understand what you mean by playing their rules. But, I respectfully disagree with the comparison to University. Reason being, if you don’t like something about your University you can always change locations. You can always discuss with the Dean, a professor that you look up to, or go to a campus councilor, all which are directly related to the program and can make affective changes. Also in extreme measures, if you are specifically referring to undergrad, you are essentially in the beginnings of your studies of the profession, and therefore you can change your course of study if unhappy with your selection. With CLARB there is no alternative, help, or reasoning if candidates hit a roadblock an still want to progress.

You are welcome to end the conversation at will my friend. Thank you for the input and you interest.

temp impact
    Participant

Your correct. I should have been more specific. When you register for an exam, CLARB sends a packet in the mail with all of your information about that exam. Where I live, when you finish an exam CLARB sends a written letter through the mail that tells you that your scores are available online. I am not saying that you didnt get this information through email, but I have never received this in email format. Every other communication up to this point has had a physical paper trail. This might have something to do with the fact that where I live almost everything must pass through the State Agency…
    Again, the State where your located might be completely digital. But not here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Temp–

I’ve had your back since day one. It seems like you were wound-up so tight that you only wanted to hear what you wanted to hear. The primary reason I post on Land8 is to pass along knowledge that has been passed along to me by my seniors along with information that I have acquired through a couple of decades of practice. “Each one, teach one” and that’s how we grow as a profession.

I was just kidding about being terrified of the nice young lady. She appears to have a decent head on her shoulders and is wise enough to not waste time going toe to toe with a veteran in the game. Battling it out with me isn’t going to help any LARE Candidate pass the exam nor will it put any additional money in their pocket. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register