Brush up on your AutoCAD knowledge with these TEN AutoCAD tips every entry-level landscape architect should know, courtesy of Land8 member landscapeplanner. Keep reading for the full list!
Image via Dave Dugdale
2. Use a four button mouse, and program the keys correctly.
Image via julianlimjl
5. Clock your time doing a task, literally. Try doing it over in half the time. Try doing it over in half of that time. If you are taking too long to figure things out you are moving too slowly.
Image via theilr
6. Don’t take redlining personally. Make revisions to drawings QUICKLY. Understand WHY someone wants things a certain way.
Image via Rowan Peter
8. If someone needs a drawing by a certain time, that means they need a complete product. Get the drawing in a LOT sooner to the reviewer so you will have time to revise.
10. AutoCAD is a tough learning curve. When you are in your first job as landscape designer you need to prove your worth. Practice AutoCAD in your free time–yes, in your free time–after work, during the week and on weekends. Come in to the office and practice or download a free trial version and try it at home. You will be very glad you did.
Good luck!Published in