Are you working or not ?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Ed Siribohdi
    Participant

yes

landplanner
    Participant

Final week of your status, situation and outlook, please offer it.

I can assure you all a complete wrap-up and summary with a week from this coming Friday.

The results and responses so far have been very revealing and all over the map. I also fully intend

to submit this to ASLA and see if it shakes their cage into being a little more proactive and of direct/indirect

assistance. For those who missed it, look at the first letter to the editor in this month’s Landscape Architecture

magazine. It captures all the economic despair and fury found in most of these responses with strident brevity.

Gabrielle Testerman
    Participant

NO!! 13 months

Judianna Price
    Participant

No! About 1.5 months now…

NO

landplanner
    Participant

This discussion thread will wrap-up at the end of this week. It appears that there are two new ones that have just been started and probably will weave in well to what the summary of what everyone’s commentary in this forum has been so far. These new introductions also might provide a proactive (yeah, I know hard to keep that mindset these days) springboard to find some upside and momentum out of the economic carnage of the Great Recession.

I would encourage you all to close out the week strongly by responding to this discussion thread and also the others namely “Freelancing” and “Lost Generation” (wow that last title is pretty downcast, huh ?)

Lori Moore
    Participant

yes, though not full time

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

You might not want to have your profile picture be of you blowing smoke (weed?)… employers look at social networks… just a thought…

aj petro
    Participant

Yes, so far booked for 2010. ( golf courses, athletic fields, urban green roofs ) residential extremely slow .
    my advice stick to the commercial arena for now.

landplanner
    Participant

Keep it coming, closes this Saturday.

Landplanner

YES and Why? Diverse practice

Ziad Kharrat
    Participant

NO!!!

landplanner
    Participant

This discussion thread will wrap-up at the end of this week. It appears that there are two new ones that have just been started and probably will weave in well to what the summary of what everyone’s commentary in this forum has been so far. These new introductions also might provide a proactive (yeah, I know hard to keep that mindset these days) springboard to find some upside and momentum out of the economic carnage of the Great Recession.

I would encourage you all to close out the week strongly by responding to this discussion thread and also the others namely “Freelancing” and “Lost Generation” (wow that last title is pretty downcast, huh ?)

Scott Mears
    Participant

Yes.

Three of us were working at a multidisciplinary engineering firm and saw the writing on the wall after four layoffs. We started our own firm in December of ’07. It has been a fun and hard two years, but we have found our niche and developed a sound marketing strategy that has been paying off. Starting from the bottom has its advantages: You have nowhere to go but up, while everyone else is coming down!

Rob Halpern
    Participant

YES…although I have had to go more international in the past two yars

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register