Sponsored article from www.iotagarden.com.au Garden Pots and Planters for Design Build and Landscape Professionals. Container gardening is a great tool for landscape designers. It helps to add that natural style to your outdoor or indoor space. Green aesthetics is the keyword here. Imagine a busy city street where concrete and pavement is the all-encompassing material. It may look dull and is probably an eyesore by itself. There is no hint of plant life or foliage. Container gardening brings green aesthetics to these kind of environments.
The Benefits of Container Gardening
Let’s look at some of the benefits of container gardening:
- Adding foliage to concrete and hard paving. In places where planting is impossible under normal circumstances, container gardening makes it possible.
- Indoor planting. Planting indoors adds a special appeal to interiors and this is usually only possible with container gardening.
- Easily move plants. Container gardening allows the gardener or the landscape architect to easily move the plants as needed. Redesigning is made much simpler. Depending on the size of your container, the plants can even be moved indoors when the cooler months come.
- Containers can be functional in a design. Plant pots and planters are not just pleasing to the eye. Depending on the container shape, they can be used for functional design. Tall pots can be used to highlight doorways and entrances. Trough shaped pots can be used to guide pedestrians. When used properly, plant containers can also become the focal point of a design.
- Soft Landscaping at a Designer Outlet Mall. IOTA planters were commissioned at a Designer Outlet Mall in Banbridge, Ireland. The mall was full of hard lines and hard concrete paving; and a variety of granite taper and granite trough planters helped bring about a certain kind of sophistication adding a soft touch to the existing design. The end result is an urban oasis.
For more information, see here.Functional Design at Park House Hotel Green aesthetics made functional is the theme at Park House Hotel in Bepton, West Sussex. The hotel was installed with 58 of IOTA’s granite planters. Tall taper planters were used to emphasize doorways and entrances while trough planters were lined up along walls to direct pedestrians. For more information, see here. Planting Trees in Containers at Gold Coast Deepwater Point Apartments The vigorous root growth of a tree can prove to be a problem for many landscape designs. When roots grow too large, they can start to cause structural damage which is exactly what happened at Gold Coast Deepwater Point Apartments. Related Articles:
- A Totally New Space Saving Way of Growing Crops
- Guerrilla Gardening – Breaking ALL The Rules!
- How to Provide Easy Access to Urban Agriculture in Overpopulated Cities
That’s when IOTA’s large planters came in. The planters are strong enough to withstand the vigorous root growth of the magnificent poolside palm trees. The end result is a stunning poolside view with the palm tree standing proudly encased in an elegant fiberglass container. For more information, see here.Indoor Planting at Newstead Office IOTA’s concrete planters provided the much-needed facelift at Newstead Office in Brisbane. The planters brought a fresh appeal that can brighten up the mood. When using planters indoors, drain holes are to be sealed so watering won’t create a mess. For more information, see here. Would you like to feature your product or service on our website? If so contact us at email@example.com and find out more. Guest article from Nicholas Jones Return to Homepage Published in