Green Roofs for Healthy Cities Launches CitiesAlive Virtual 2021
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, Green Infrastructure Foundation, and the World Green Infrastructure Network have teamed up to bring you CitiesAlive Virtual 2021, to be held from November 8-11, 2021. This virtual event will showcase outstanding keynote speakers from around the world who will share cutting edge green infrastructure projects, emerging research and technologies, and best design practices. With a focus on designing urban spaces to solve new and existing environmental, economic and public health challenges, this year’s conference revolves around the theme “Designing for Multi-Functionality” specifically through the use of green infrastructure.
To kick off the event, on November 8th, GRHC is offering a FREE session to explore the latest research coming out of Living Architecture Centres of Excellence. This session supports the next generation of green infrastructure professionals and engages the broader industry in their work! The research and education happening at academic institutions across the country is driving the green infrastructure forward and for that reason is open to the public to attend and learn!
On November 9th, you can learn from industry leaders as they present about various strategies used to design for biodiversity. Tune into the green roofs and urban agriculture session to explore the tremendous opportunity to reclaim urban agricultural space using green roofs and walls. The popular Ask an Expert session allows companies to showcase their innovative products and projects that are pushing the boundaries of green infrastructure implementation followed by small group discussions.
On November 10th, learn about the latest trends in biophilic design, from integration using the Internet of Nature, to the incorporation of soundscape engineering in commercial offices. Additionally, a second round panel discussion about the Myths of Blue-Green Roofs and best practices for blue-green roof design. Lastly, after great success at Grey to Green 2021, join the CitiesAlive Virtual Networking Hour! Virtual breakout rooms allow for small groups of attendees to connect with each other and make valuable connections within the global industry.
Finally, the last day, November 11th, CitiesAlive Virtual 2021 will feature the new International Market and Project Showcase, presented by World Green Infrastructure Network. Join these plenary sessions to explore case studies, innovative projects, and international market trends in the green roof and wall industries. Different countries will be featured throughout the day including: India, Taiwan, Colombia, Germany, Brazil, and more to be announced! This is an unprecedented opportunity to not only discover how green infrastructure is being implemented around the world.
Featured speakers, panels, and topics include:
- Evan Benway on the acoustic aspect of biophilic design, including case studies from different projects around the world
- Dr. Anna Zakrisson on green roof consulting, research for future sustainable cities, and science communication and outreach
- Katie Patrick on designing apps that help social impact entrepreneurs and sustainability professionals implement powerful data, game design, and behavior- change techniques that create real and measurable change
- Nadina Galle on the Internet of Nature and how we can bridge ecology and technology in an era where sustainable urban development needs effective ways to strengthen their green spaces
- Dr. Manfred Kohler, Chair, World Green Infrastructure Network will share information on international market trends and policy developments.
- Cynthia Pohl on building an ecosystem over the course of a decade on a built-in-place, biodiverse green roof, considerations for installation techniques, and what was done to keep this green roof rich in biodiversity and low in maintenance requirements.
For more information and to register please visit https://citiesalive.org/
Land8 Special Code
GRHC is offering the Land8 readership 25% off the conference, just use the code CA21Land8 during registration!
Lead Image: Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, Emma Tamlin