Landscape architects kicked off National (and World) Landscape Architecture Month last week. Here at Land8, we’re recapping some of the events and activities taking place on social media and beyond to boost public awareness.
- The first day of #NLAM kicked off with quite the buzz on Twitter. Check it out on Storify.
- ASLA also rolled out a new annual NLAM tradition: 30 challenges in 30 days to raise awareness of landscape architecture. Follow their social media accounts to see the daily challenge.
- Did you know that April’s Landscape Architecture Magazine is free this month?
- ASLA NY just held their Design Awards Presentation last Thursday. We’ve got the details on winners here.
- The ASLA Indiana Chapter has brought Mayor Ballard on board–April is officially “Landscape Architecture Month” in Indianapolis!
- Nevada ASLA, Cadence, and many others are celebrating NLAM by featuring a spectacular landscape architecture project each day of the month on social media.
- The National Building Museum asks and answers the question “What exactly does a landscape architect do?” They’ll also be hosting a couple talks by landscape architects. Don’t forget to check out their Dan Kiley exhibit when you visit!
- The ASLA Indiana Chapter has also commissioned Studio OTB for an art piece that we can display in Indianapolis. Can you spot the reference to the Indianapolis Cultural Trail?
- Right on cue, the Wall Street Journal highlights three female landscape architects: Edwina von Gal, Mikyoung Kim, and Kate Orff. Read here
The above are just a sampling of what has happened in just the first week. Keep an eye on ASLA’s events page to stay up to date with what ASLA chapters and individuals across the nation are doing to promote landscape architecture. And don’t forget to tweet or share your event to @Land8! We’d love to see what you’re up to.
Lead image via The Understory